The elders and ministers are companions in the ministry, ranking highest next to the Pastor, therefore admitted to some but not all rights and privileges but such as those granted by the Pastor. He is to follow the spiritual guidance of the Pastor in the capacity or capacities in which he is assigned. One elder may be designated by the pastor to act on his behalf in his absence. Our current status is the elders are in charge of the ministry in the pastor’s absence.
- Assist the Pastor in preaching and teaching when designated
- Assist the Pastor in the administration of the ordinances of the church (Ordained elders only)
- Serve as Coordinator of Worship as assigned
- Participate in the Ministerial Training Course (to be implemented)
- Participate in the prayer ministries during the week.
- Participate in altar services and conduct follow-up when asked
- Assist the pastor in sick and shut-in visitation and evangelism
- Consistently contribute to the financial aspects of the church ministry
- Contribute to the financial programs of the state and national church
- Faithful Tithe payer and financial supporter of the church
- On a weekly/monthly basis review the COGIC website Ministries under Department & Ministries for current and updated information regarding your work if you have internet capabilities
- Receive training for the use of the one-call system to notify your members through voice and email procedures.
- As a leader, please ensure that you are in touch with your members when you have not seen them in a few services and if there is sickness, death, etc.,