YOUNG WOMEN CHRISTIAN COUNCIL
The purpose of the YWCC is to dedicate themselves in an effort to given greater Christian service. It is during this peak period that the arms of the church should reach out to them because they need the church and the church needs them. This is the training station to be auxiliary leaders, prayer warriors, good homemakers, and lovers of their own husbands, minister’s wives, and mighty women of Zion. The YWCC is an alert group of women, close observers who are on the lookout for opportunities to minister and to express themselves in constructive ways.
In addition to spiritual growth and development, there are other matters that are of vital concern to this age group.
- Finding a mate
- Meal planning
- Child care
- Teenage problems
- Marital problems
- Many other matters
- This group will explore the Christian approach to these life situations as well as discuss the Christian mode of conduct, which must be practiced. YWCC will become familiar with the basic doctrine, principles, and practices of the Church of God in Christ with scripture references and be encouraged to spend quality time studying and practicing God’s Word, with regular fast days, being consistent and persistent in prayer.
- Will advocate living a spirit controlled life which will enable young women to triumph in spiritual warfare.
- The YWCC also helps Holy Women understand the importance of a saintly dress code. YWCC is designed to strengthen and promote church growth by ministering to the specific needs of young women, thus preparing them for current and future leadership.
- To encourage young women to live a well-balanced life which includes personal recreational time.
- The leader is one who is dedicated and consecrated to the work of the Lord. Must be organized and prepared to minister to women in various phases of life, single-parent families, married, young widows, and divorced and single women.
- The leader keeps up-to-date with current practices and methods of regular bible studies. By living sanctified, her life is a mirror that reflects the image of Christ. She observes the church’s two designated fast days and admonishes her members to do likewise.
- The leader will encourage prayer chains, prayer breakfasts, as well as prayer partners to support fellow members. The unit will also utilize community resources which will provide speakers such as health departments, police departments, Red Cross, etc., that will allow members to be well informed on problems of our day.
- Always feel free to invite mature women such as Christian Women Council, into your meetings. You need their counsel; do not lose companionship with them.
- The leader is loyal to her church and pastor, and to the Church of God in Christ at large.
- Faithful Tithe payer and financial supporter of the church
- On a weekly/monthly basis review the COGIC website Ministries under Department & Ministries for current and updated information regarding your work if you have internet capabilities
- Receive training for the use of the one-call system to notify your members through voice and email procedures.
- As a leader, please ensure that you are in touch with your members when you have not seen them in a few services and if there is sickness, death, etc.,
- Attend and participate in ALL church services, events, programs, and meetings