The responsibility of the usher is to meet the people at the door with a smile and reassure them that they are in the Lord’s house. See that they are properly seated and if a program or bulletin is prepared, make sure that they have one.
- Should always be attentive to the audience, pastor, and church mother for assistance.
- Monitor available seating, and properly seat the visitors and members as they come into the sanctuary.
- Direct visitors and members to the nursery, eating and drinking areas, as there is to be NO eating or drinking in the sanctuary.
- Available for all funeral services at Church. Properly staffed 30 minutes before the family arrives.
- Make sure that fans, etc., are passed out at every service, (including weekly services) as needed, and that bottled water is placed for the speaker(s).
- Collect fans and pamphlets, etc., after each service.
- Assist Wellness ministry as requested during emergencies.
- Stay attentive to announcements for special services requiring usher assistance.
- Work closely with the Greeter Committee
- Assist Hospitality workers as requested.
- Faithful Tithe payer and financial supporter of the church
- On a weekly/monthly basis review the COGIC website Ministries under Department & Ministries for current and updated information regarding your work if you have internet capabilities
- Receive training for the use of the one-call system to notify your members through voice and email procedures.
- As a leader, please ensure that you are in touch with your members when you have not seen them in a few services and if there is sickness, death, etc.,
- Attend and participate in ALL church services, events, programs, and meetings