January 26, 2021
Greetings Parents! I trust you all are well, and your children are well. We are about to end the month of January and I wanted to begin the year with some housekeeping.
I am asking that each parent with children who are still active participants of the Sunshine Band please message me the following information: Your child’s first and last name, address, birthday, email address, telephone(s). I understand for many of you I have this information. However, I would like to update my contact information and make sure that everyone’s info is still the same. This will be a yearly update. This brings me to the next set of information. I created the Band App to communicate with everyone together and to share information, announcements, etc. What I come to understand is that not everyone has been active on that app, and I pretty much see the same few people utilizing it or responding. Moving forward, the Band App will no longer be active beginning 1 February 2021. Thank you to the few who have responded consistently but I will only communicate via the church website, or your personal emails. I want a universal means of communication so that everyone is notified of information. Please, as a courtesy, when information is sent out please regard it as important and respond accordingly. If you do not check your email faithfully, when you send me your contact info please specify if you would like a personal text added to your means of communication. If you have questions or concerns, please feel free to email or call me.
I have a few plans for the year and will keep you updated as those plans begin to take place. I have a busy schedule personally over the next few months but will try to make sure that I communicate somehow with you all monthly whether by email, a zoom, or a video of some sort. I solicit your prayers as I am near the end of pursuing my second degree, my Bachelor of Science in Early Childhood Education with a minor in Interdisciplinary Studies. My heart's desire is to work with children and families in areas of social, mental, and emotional health services. I have been working with children and families for over 17 years and plan to continue in this field God willing. Please be patient with me as I end my degree in May of this year.
I trust everyone is staying as safe as one can in this pandemic. Please continue to utilize services offered in your communities whether it be job-related, food assistance, or even mental
health. You only have one you, take care of yourself so you can be strong and healthy for your children. Also, if your school district has assistance for your children in need of assistance education-wise, please do not hesitate to reach out. We want to see each child progress to the next grade and get all the help they can in the process.
Our first activity of the year will consist of families sending me a favorite family recipe whether its breakfast, lunch dessert or dinner, send it in. I want to put together a Family Cookbook on behalf of the Sunshine Band with wonderful meal ideas to share amongst one another. This will be due via email no later than 28 February 2021. Thank you in advance.
Please take heed to the above announcements, and please respond with your contact information. Have a wonderful week and stay encouraged.
Cell: (937) 715-2496
Ms. Sharita R. Hayes
“The sign of great parenting is not the child’s behavior. The sign of genuinely great parenting is the parent’s behavior”.
The purpose of ministering to and nurturing our children twelve (12 years and under).
- To reach out to our children and offer an opportunity for them to receive salvation in their productive years.
- Through meaningful and wholesome activities such as music, Bible Study, drama, arts/crafts, field trips, and special worship services, camps, and workshops, our children can be instructed in the way God wants them to go.
- We desire to build a partnership between the home, the school, and the church in order to provide a spiritual foundation for each child.
- This band is to build character, faith, leadership skills, pride, self-respect, and self-worth. Sunshine teaches appropriate behavior, biblical principles, etiquette, and stewardship.
- Sunshine promotes salvation, academic success, athletic development, dignity, excellence, growth, healthy relationships, and talent.
- The Sunshine Band directs the ministry for children through worship services and activities.
- On a weekly/monthly basis review the COGIC website Ministries under Department & Ministries for current and updated information regarding your work if you have internet capabilities
- Receive training for the use of the one-call system to notify your members through voice and email procedures.
- As a leader, please ensure that you are in touch with your members when you have not seen them in a few services and if there is sickness, death, etc.,
- Faithful Tithe payer and financial supporter of the church
- Attend and participate in ALL church services, events, programs, and meetings