MUSIC & ARTS MINISTRY
This department consists of all choirs, groups, ensembles, and musicians in the church. The Minister of Music has immediate supervision of this department. It shall be prepared to minister musically at all times of service. This is to include but not limited to, Sunday morning, Wednesday night services, revivals, crusades, funerals, special services, etc.
Title: Minister of Music
- Develop and submit the annual budget of this ministry to the Pastor approval
- Provide leadership in identifying priority goals and objectives for this ministry
- Schedule choirs to minister at designated times. This shall include but not limited to regular service times on Sunday and weeknights. Easter, revivals, crusades, etc.
- Serve as the director for the Senior Choir (when given) or designate someone for such duty
- Supervise the rehearsals of choirs without a director
- Develop a repertoire of songs for a variety of types of services
- Supervise the uniforming of all choirs
- Remain accessible at all times during the worship service, since the Spirit of the Lord dictates the
the direction of the service
- Faithful Tithe payer and financial supporter of the church
- On a weekly/monthly basis review the COGIC website Ministries under Department & Ministries for current and updated information regarding your work if you have internet capabilities
- Receive training for the use of the one-call system to notify your members through voice and email procedures.
- As a leader, please ensure that you are in touch with your members when you have not seen them in a few services and if there is sickness, death, etc.,
- Attend and participate in ALL church services, events, programs, and meetings