The term diakonos or deacon denotes the service or ministration of a helper or bondservant (one who has sold himself by choice for service). His ministry is non-preaching but should be apt to teach. These are proven men in the faith who will serve as right-hand men to the Pastor in secular and business matters of the church: conducting worship services, assisting in carrying out the ordinances of the church, and shall be knowledgeable of the doctrine of the Church of God in Christ.
Title: Chairman of Deacon Board
- Supervise the work of the Deacon Ministry
- Function as a member of the Executive Council and Church Council
- Oversee the collection of public offerings
- Oversee the collection of revenue primarily offerings
- Oversee the transfer of collected funds to the Board of Trustees
- Upon the advice of the Pastor, schedule Deacons for specific assignments (see the job description for deacons)
- Monitor the pulpit in the absence of the pastor
- Faithful Tithe payer and financial supporter of the church
- On a weekly/monthly basis review the COGIC website Ministries under Department & Ministries for current and updated information regarding your work if you have internet capabilities
- Receive training for the use of the one-call system to notify your members through voice and email procedures.
- As a leader, please ensure that you are in touch with your members when you have not seen them in a few services and if there is sickness, death, etc.,